Dennis M's Chess Site

This is a blog for chess fans by a chess fan. I enjoy winning as much as anyone else, and I've had a reasonable amount of success as a competitor, but what keeps me coming back to the game is its beauty. And that, primarily, is what this site will be about! All material copyrighted.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Partisanship at its Finest

Most of the comments I've seen concerning Kasparov in the wake of his announced retirement have been very gracious. Most, but not all...

(N.B. I'm unaware of any basis for the website's claim that the tiebreak rules, odd though they were, were decided upon after the fact in order to allow Kasparov to win the event, and do have reason to believe the contrary: (1) it's normal tournament practice and (2) Kasparov publicly cited his favorable tiebreak as part of the basis of his late-round coasting, a claim easily refuted if false.)

(Hat tip to Brian Karen.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home