Dennis M's Chess Site

This is a blog for chess fans by a chess fan. I enjoy winning as much as anyone else, and I've had a reasonable amount of success as a competitor, but what keeps me coming back to the game is its beauty. And that, primarily, is what this site will be about! All material copyrighted.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

The Next Big Thing in Internet Chess?

Even though the internet wasn't made for chess, the internet was made for chess, if you catch my drift. As a medium for broadcasting live games, playing live games and posting chess content, it's nearly ideal. Further, there are audio/video presentations affiliated with the major chess servers (my ChessBase show, for example).

What's new - at least to me - is the possibility of creating one's own A/V chess content at relatively low cost - take a look (and a listen)! This sort of technology will be a great resource to chess teachers everywhere, and when I have some free time (ha!) I might give it a try as well.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So long as you have ChessBase, Fritz, ChessAssistant, or any program that lets you move pieces on the board (even freeware like ChessBase Light or Arena), you can do this for free:

    http://www.chessassistance.com/Articles/044_Multimedia_Annotation.html

    The article assumes you'll use Chess Assistant, but any of the above should work.

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Dennis Monokroussos said…

    Thanks for the tip!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home